Being a parent changes your life to 180 degrees. Nurturing the little human being is one of the toughest jobs but every mother tries to provide the best nourishment to her child.
However, it is imperative that parents should completely educate themselves on child nourishment.
It is better to seek advice from a child nutritionist or a pediatrician. It is believed that children grown at a faster pace from the age of 2 till 12.
Feeding them everything that is healthy and full of nutrition will enhance their growth and development. Foods that supply iron, calcium, protein and vitamin are the best food for children’s growth.
Let’s take a look at the list we have compiled from a plethora of foods:
- Eggs: One of the most favorite breakfast items is egg. Not only adults but children prefer it too, it is a source of protein for healthy muscle growth, has rich amounts of chorine that aids in brain development and also contains vitamin D and other vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids for strong bones.
- Cow Milk: Not only milk but several other dairy products should be regularly included in a child’s diet. Whole milk, cheese, yogurt and ghee are some of the staples that serve the purpose. Give your baby full fat milk which richly supplies calcium and phosphorus to body’s bones and muscles. The amount of fat gives a boost of energy that is needed for vigorous activity.
- Berries: These are particularly rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, minerals and phytochemicals. Babies need vitamins and minerals to strengthen their bone structure. In addition, it improves the immune system and protects healthy cells from damage. Strawberries and blueberries taste suitable for both toddlers and children.
- Meat: Both red meat and lean meat are significant in their own ways. Lean meat like chicken is the immediate source of protein without saturated fats. On the other hand, red meat like veal, mutton, beef or lamb contains protein as well as several micronutrients one of which is iron, the main supplement to recover from anemia.
- Wholegrain Foods: Grains can provide children with magnesium (used in promoting bone health) and the amount of fiber present in whole grains makes digestive health better that results in rectifying constipation.
- Beans and Legumes: If you want to include a vegetarian source of protein in your tot’s diet, choose beans and legumes that have a high content of protein and are low in fat amount. Kidney beans, black beans, soybeans and flat beans are a great assortment.
- Nuts: Peanuts, whole or as peanut butter is extremely beneficial for weight gain. Almonds, pistachios, cashews and walnuts are a rich source of protein and calcium. Toddlers can have it in their porridge or cereals in powdered form.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach, kale, lettuce, bok choy offer endless amounts of vitamins- A, C and K. They are also packed with lots of fiber that is good for digestion. Plus, they have high calcium content and are an ideal source of calcium for lactose-intolerant children.
Right amount of nutrients and fibers will help children grow healthier.
Gradually include the above mentioned list of best food for children’s growth to provide complete nourishment, eliminating any chance of deficiency.